From the Learnscapes Committee
Firstly, we would like to say a very big thank you to all those parents and children who were able to help out at our February working bee. We had a great turn out and were able to get some big jobs done including:
- Moving the bush rocks into place to help stabilise the mound for planting
- Moving soft fall mulch into the Cycle 1 playground to bring it to compliance level
- Spreading the giant mounds of mulch in the Cycle 2/3 playgrounds onto the Activity Track and large trees. (A huge effort!)
- We made a great start on the construction of the steps leading up to platform on the slide mound
- We consumed some yummy morning tea and coffee!
The children who attended had a massive play and run around with friends, and subsequently slept very well that night!
If you missed out don’t worry, there is another working bee coming up on Sunday, 20th March from 8am till 11am. There are plenty of jobs to be done and I’m sure we can find one to suit you and your skills!
Our aims for this working bee include:
- Finish the steps leading up to platform at the top of the slide mound
- Start on the foundations for the climbing wall
- Sand and oil the sound wall
- Trim branches off some of the large trees around the school
- Clean out some drains!
- Move that last little bit of mulch!
If you are interested in improving your child’s learning environment, we are keen to hear from you. Please leave your details with Tonia at the office or email Learnscapes@cms.act.edu.au