Canberra Montessori School is always interested to hear from education professionals, be they teaching or administrative staff, who are interested in joining our team. We look for team members who:
- Have a passion for Montessori education
- Have Montessori qualifications (teaching staff only) and other qualifications appropriate to their role or are prepared to acquire them
- Are ‘lifelong learners’ who value ongoing professional and personal development
- Are looking to take an active part in whole-of-school development and community activities in addition to their individual responsibilities
- Want to be part of a modern, innovative organisation with the goal of making our Montessori, ‘Simply the Best’.
Please also see:
- Current Opportunities
- Our Staff Development Philosophy
- Montessori & Other Educational Qualifications
DEFAULT: While there are no formal position vacancies at Canberra Montessori at this time, we always look forward to hearing from people passionate about working in education who are interested in what we do. Please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will look forward to hearing from you.
Our Staff Development Philosophy
Just as we aim to develop our students as ‘lifelong learners’, so too do we encourage our staff to continually build and develop their own skills and passions. Canberra Montessori School has implemented Appretio, a method and system of professional and strategic development, which we use to support staff in their personal and professional learning journeys. We have a focus on reflective practice, peer learning, and wholeofschool development; each staff member is expected and encouraged to not only perform well and develop in their own area of responsibility, but also to understand the big picture at the school and contribute to it personally.
We encourage all staff to develop their leadership skills and our goal is to help each staff member reach their full potential. With that in mind, we have established onsite mentoring and training at the Holder Campus and external opportunities, which together provide a complete suite of professional development support for our staff.
May not be necessary now but can use it to advertise opportunities to external clients and stakeholders in the future?